Thursday, March 8, 2012

A sweet gift...

 The lovely Kathleen Tennant of Papercrafts by Kathleen sent me a sweet package! She included one of each of the beautiful cards she has featured in her boutique.
 First and foremost, it's always a great day when you receive a parcel or package. This is the beauty of shopping online as opposed to brick and mortar or box stores. When you purchase a product or item online, generally and for the most part, the item will be delivered to your mailbox.


 Buyers sometimes hesitate to purchase items online as they are unsure of how it will look in 'real life'. Understood and makes total sense. However, with care and attention, and not really a lot of money spent on equipment, you can take great and 'real' images of your artwork. Once I got past the 'awe' of having received such a beautiful and thoughtful gift, I was astonished at how true the physical cards looked compared to the images Kathleen uses in her boutique. The best part... Kathleen used 'natural' and 'free' lighting...that's right, no special equipment. Good camera skills and natural light and the cards I have in my hands look exactly as they do in her images. In fact, the cards are so very creative and beautiful, they are falling into my category 'for keeps' instead of 'to give' :)
 These are the images of the handmade art cards as seen in the Paper Crafts by Kathleen boutique.  Natural lighting and great camera skills allows Kathleen to share her images/artwork as true to form as possible.


You can also read more about how to take great images of your items here and here.
Thank you Kathleen for the thoughtful and treasured gift and thank you also for allowing me to use your incredible artwork to show how a photo image can in fact look 'real'!

Share |

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet gift to receive, and yes, I agree, her photography skills to depict her products are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a lovely surprise to read that "I" was the surprise gift topic. Thank you so much for everything you have written and the beautiful photos of my cards. I love that you took the time to create such beautiful photos, it really makes a difference. Thank you Rosa, so very touching and I am glad you love them. I love creating and it is always nice to see my work appreciated.

    ReplyDelete