Monday, August 22, 2011

Vintage Seredipity

Welcome! Thank you so much, Rosa for inviting me to share a little of myself and my passion for all things vintage with you. My name is Jennifer and I currently live in the Prescott, Ontario area. Above is my little shoppe, The Milkhouse Gallery. It has always been a dream of mine to have my own little place to share some of the wonderful things I have accumulated over many years of collecting.

Whether it's antique toys and dolls, or fabric and trim, pretty bits of old jewelry or rusty bits and even industrial salvage, my heart just leaps when I come across such finds. After almost forty years of collecting I have lots to share with others looking for that special something to add to their own creative projects.

The Milkhouse has been a wonderful place to do just that. Sharing creative ideas, inspiring others to think outside the box and use what they may already have in new, creative ways is what it is all about. I've got the most wonderful customers too! All gifted, creative women in their own right, there is nothing better than sharing ideas and making new discoveries together.
Oh, did I mention the paper? I love paper and all the wonderful things you can do with it. My favourite medium is collage/assemblage. What better way of bringing great finds together?

As we are preparing to move and I will no longer have my little stone shoppe I now have a shoppe on Gabry Road where you will be able to find a variety of unique supplies to jump-start your own projects. Not the same as the face to face shopping experience but still lots of creative goodness, happily sent right to your door.
Now you don't have to live nearby, you can capture a little vintage creativity no matter where you live. I have lots of interesting, vintage and unique items to add, so do drop by occasionally to see what's new.
You can check out my little shoppe, Vintage Serendipity here.
Feel free to drop by my blog and say hello here.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Jennifer! I so adore your boutique and the Milkhouse...will be making a visit real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to it! Thank you again for the chance to share on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will for sure have to try to make a visit before you move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea you were so close to me! A visit is a MUST... when are you open??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty much here all the time, so drop me an email and let me know when you want to visit. I'll send along directions. We have more house viewings after Labour Day weekend so I wouldn't wait too long. :) jlpv40(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete