Monday, August 29, 2011

JodyJoGirl

Share |
I have been creative most of my life and I owe it all to my mom for getting into it.  I can remember as a child her showing me how to crochet, knit, sew, paint and do woodworking.

I have to say that I have probably tried almost everything creative that is out there. And I love it all.  In the recent years, I have done a variety of painting with acrylics, watercolours, oils, pastels, folk art,but my main interest is mixed media.  
Mixed Media collage.

I have also taken many years of pottery and stained glass classes.  Both of which I would like to get back into as I would like to incorporate them into my jewelry making as well.  

Glass jewelry
 I also scrapbook (normally in the winter months) and sew covers for our precious machines.
Cricut Cover
Mixed Media

So as you can see, I like to dabble into anything creative and artsy. Why? Because as Pablo Picasso says: “Art washes away from the soul the dust of every day life.”








My hope one day is to attend weekend art retreats with the focus on owning a 4 season resort/campground that has a huge hall so that I can give art classes & camp; creative retreats.  I would love nothing more than to be in the presence of other creative minds as we can all benefit, be it from art techniques or from each other.








I am deeply grateful to my mom and to the many creative friends I have encountered along the way.  Without their encouragement, I would not have made it on local tv with my pottery, sold at many art shows, and now selling successfully on Gabry Road.  





So if you are a crafter or artist and are contemplating getting your creations out on the www.  I would highly encourage you to take that first step and join Gabry Road.  If you are a person that enjoys buying handmade goodness, my boutique is currently growing, so stay tuned for a larger variety of items available here.
Thank you very much Rosa for asking me to be a guest blogger here at Gabry Road
JodyJoGirl

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for being a great part of Gabry Road!

    ReplyDelete